Monday, July 4, 2011

God Bless America, Land that I Love.

We had a wonderful 4th of July that included a parade, park, fishing, friends, and fireworks.  Ever since we got back from a visit to my parent's house Joni has been doing great, praise the Lord!  I have to say that I'm happy to ride the happy/secure/receptive Joni wave as long as I can but I can feel my heart bracing for the switch.  It occurred to me that perhaps it takes a lot of effort for Joni to be...well happy..and a part of a family, and that maybe some days she just doesn't have it in her (like especially when she is sick).  This is a sad thought to me and I hope and pray that one day contentment/security/joy/connection will become her new "MO" and come naturally.  Thanks for sharing in this journey with me friends, I feel God's blessings today and I know you all will stand with me on the days I don't "feel" them as much.

2 comments:

  1. So glad it was a good day for you and your whole family. That picture of Joni in the tube is the absolute cutest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following you all for a while, and just wanted to add my support! At this point, I can only imagine what challenges your family faces every day, and I am learning so much already from your experiences. We just received PA for our little girl, and so I had to tell you thank you so much for sharing so much, so honestly. This is a gift to so many parents.

    ReplyDelete