Thursday, June 30, 2011

I love all of my children.

I just want to make it clear that I really love all of my children.  I see each one as a unique blessing that God purposely brought into my life and into the world.  I was meant to be their mom (even in Joni's case I believe God knew from the beginning of time that some other woman was going to birth her but I was going to raise her).  I wouldn't trade any of them for any other kids.  I know I am a better person for being their mom and I hope I can raise them to be men and women who live life to the full and bless everyone they know. 

I especially want to make the point that despite a difficult transition I am so glad Joni is my daughter and that God chose her for our family.  She has a lovely personality and is so sweet and charming.  All of her fears, insecurities, neediness, and walls have to do with her great loss and difficulties she lived through in her first 14 months.  I do wish we could have had Joni since birth, it would have made things so much easier for us and her.  However I also believe these lessons we are learning will be so precious to us and make us better in so many ways.  Most days I have great hope that healing for Joni will come but even if things remain difficult all our lives I trust God's purposes and I believe we will find some peace and know in our hearts that we did all we could for Joni.  At some point we all have to chose who we are going to be and what kind of life we want to live, our past and our parents don't have to define this for us. 


Oakley's last day of Kindergarten...I can't believe I have a 1st grader!  She's so excited to be in Miss Robertson's class next year.

My poor little lady, sick every other week and getting used to taking her medicine.

Don't mess with the Prinzing clan ya'll.

Joni's hair is finally long enough to rock the Pebbles look.

No comments:

Post a Comment