Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Valentine's Day of LOVE!

Below is the gist of where we will be and what we will be doing in China.  I think it's so sweet that I will get to hold, hug, and kiss my little girl for the first time on Valentine's Day.  I can't say I subscribe to Chinese superstitions surrounding dates and numbers but it is uncanny that her referral came on Thanksgiving, her birthday is the same as three other family members, and our "Gotcha Day" will be on Valentine's Day. 

I am so pleased with how everything is falling into place.  Seriously this should be such a stressful time with all the tasks I have to do and the daunting trip we face but instead God is being so gracious.  I have peace and each day another detail is taken care of.  Did I forget to mention that "Joni" is derived from "John" which means, "God is gracious."  I'm so grateful that I've actually been able to ENJOY this preparation time, even including the moments of emotional fluctuations.

ADOPTION ITINERARY

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 10 - Depart for Beijing

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11 - Arrive in Beijing

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12 - Beijing Sightseeing: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Summer Palace

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 13 - Beijing Sightseeing: Church Service, Great Wall

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14 -  GOTCHA DAY! A.M. – Flight to Guangzhou, P.M. – Meet Your Child!

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 15 - Civil Affairs Appointment

WED., FEBRUARY 16 - Adoption Paperwork / Sightseeing & Shopping

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 17 - Adoption Paperwork / Sightseeing & Shopping

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18 - Adoption Paperwork / Sightseeing & Shopping

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 19 - Child’s Medical Exam

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20 - Sightseeing & Shopping

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21 - Consulate Paperwork / Sightseeing & Shopping

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 22 - Consulate Appointment at 9:00 am, Consulate Oath-Taking Ceremony

WED., FEBRUARY 23 - Free Day in Guangzhou

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24 - Pick-up Child’s visa, Depart from Guangzhou

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25 - Depart from Hong Kong

3 comments:

  1. wooohooo. so exciting. God is gracious and good all the time..
    blessings, meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting. This will be a trip of a lifetime. You will see and feel God like you never have before. I can't wait to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you to meet your little girl in just a couple of weeks! She is darling! It is an amazing journey. I will be following along closely and praying for safe travels.

    ReplyDelete