Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Better Days




Wow, it's amazing what a good night's sleep and a healthier baby can do to your perspective.  God is good and I once again have found compassion and patience for my sweet blessing.  She is so amazing and each day she opens her heart up a little more and shows us her real self.  She is SO cute, I mean seriously when she smiles something inside my chest flutters.  Such an itty bitty thing too which is a lot of fun to hold, and toss in the air and flip upside down (all things she likes).  Colston and Oakley are doing great, they are wonderful siblings and seem to want to be with her as much as possible.  Although I have to "assist" Colston and Joni on the sharing front and sometimes they both want my lap, he has not once been aggressive or displayed resentment towards her.  Oakley has been wonderful and I think they are going to be very close.  Scott continues to be superdad and superhusband.  I failed in my prior posts to communicate how wonderful he was in China, taking care of money, documents and other details so that I could focus on caring for and bonding to Joni.  He was so patient with her it's paying off as their relationship grows stronger each day.  Since we've been home he's helped around the house and with the others kids, knowing that I need that extra help as I adjust to the new normal.  I just feel so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. so sweet to hear!! I'm glad she's doing better...it was so fun to see her yesterday. Her interactions with Scott were sweet too. Looking forward to seeing her grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for better days! =) Sleep deprivation always makes me a big ole grump.

    ReplyDelete