Wednesday, February 24, 2010

30th Birthday Dreams

Saturday, May 13, 2006


So I turn 30 next week on the 22nd. Usually not a big highlight in most people's lives BUT for me it's different because it means I can order an application to AWAA to begin our adoption from CHINA. Yes friends, I can finally start the steps on a 6 year long dream of bringing an orphan into our home. The process will take over a year so don't expect any baby news for a long time. We have to apply, complete months of paperwork, submit the paperwork (dossier), and then WAIT. For about 11 months. Then the referral comes and we travel to China to pick her up. I say HER because we will be asking for girl, 6 to 14 months, healthy or with minor/correctable, special needs. If you have any questions about why China or why a girl or why not domestically adopt or how do you know this is God's plan for your family....ASK AWAY! I'm really open to talking about it.

Please begin praying about it (if you pray) because it will be both financially and emotionally demanding. The good side is that it won't be as physically demanding as Oakley was!

No comments:

Post a Comment