Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Adoption Update

Thursday, October 04, 2007


I get asked many times a week by concerned friends and family how the adoption is going. So I thought I'd post to say that unfortunately the wait time from paperwork submission to referral (photo and medical of the child the China Center of Adoption Affairs-CCAA has matched with us) is currently 22 to 23 months. We had our paperwork submitted in April which means we still have 15 to 16 months to wait. hThis is difficult considering when we orginally made our decision the wait was only 8 months but we are trying to not let it get us down. Scott is better at this then me. I think the hardest thing is for me to watch Oakley grow up without a sibling, I guess because mine were so much a part of my childhood. Anyways, the wait time could change (in either direction) and so I will continue to post if this happens but as of today we anticipate picking up our second daughter around March of 2009. Oakley will be just turning four and our China baby will be around a year. In the last set of America World referrals the ages of the children were 6 to 11 months old and then it takes a few months to plan the trip and get paperwork in order so I'm expecting her to be anywhere from 8 to 14 months when we bring her home.

The one good thing about the long wait is that is gives us lots of time to come up with the rest of the money. We have applied for a grant (and plan to apply for a few more) and I have a good fundraiser idea brewing. Please keep this aspect in your prayers...it's a strange thing to feel so strongly you are suppossed to do something and yet not have the means at present to do it. We've never taken such a huge step of faith and yet we feel oddly confident that it's going to come together somehow.

Thanks for caring!

No comments:

Post a Comment