Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Log In Date 4/16/2007

Wednesday, May 02, 2007


Our official dossier (adoption paperwork) Log In Date (LID) into the China Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) is April 16, 2007.

What does this mean? Well, I can with somewhat confidence say that the LATEST we will get a referral for a child is December of 2008. Which means that the LATEST she will be in our arms is February of 2009. I know, I know, that is forever from now. Why would anyone put themselves through such a long wait to adopt a child when there are so many other easier and quicker methods? I don't really have the answer except to say that we know it's what we're suppossed to do. We didn't know going into this that the wait would jump from 8 months to potentially 20 months, but we believe God did and so we trust it's all in His plan.

There is always a chance that the timeframe will go down but I'm trying to prepare myself for those dates so I won't be dissappointed. Oakley will be almost four by then and I'm a litte concerned she will have a tougher transition to being an older sister since she will be so used to being the only child. However, the adopted child will already be around one when we adopt her so they will only be three years apart in age, not a terrible split. We are hoping to have another biological child but I'd like to wait a year after the adoption to get pregnant, making me 34...certainitly not a big deal in this day and age but in my mind not ideal either. My other petty concern is that it is butt cold in China around Feb. and they have lots of holidays around that time that could cause further delay in travel. So what do I do with these concerns? Nothing. I give them to God and move forward in faith, asking for peace and patience when I need it. He is good and I know He will give it to me.

Thank you for those who care and read this. We cannot do this without support from friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment