Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day Two in Beijing

Once again I am posting in a state of exhaustion so please forgive me if I don't make much sense.  Today was a very full and very fun day.  We toured Tienanmen Square, the Forbidden City, and Summer Palace.  Additionally we went shopping at a pearl factory, silk factory, and participated in a traditional tea ceremony.  We had a wonderful breakfast buffet, a traditional Chinese lunch and a Beijing duck dinner.  I loved it all and learned so much.  It was however VERY cold, very, very cold.  With the optimism of our guide and group members, we all still enjoyed it and made the best of it.  I'm really beginning to appreciate each family in our travel group.  It is such a neat experience to be with people who share your passions and who have gone through similar things in the last five years in regards to adoption.  Each journey is both unique and shared and I never tire of hearing how people came to the decision of adoption.  What strikes me most is that we are all so different..moms ranging from my age (34) to a fifty year old, three first time parents and one with seven biological children at home, couples from as far as Texas, representing all different denominations...these things makes me realize that you don't need to be special to adopt.  You don't have to fit a profile or have prior knowledge/experience. You just need to be willing to let God take you where He wants you to go.  Willing to open your heart.  I'm so glad Scott and I were willing and that in less then 48 hours we will be able to embrace our blessing and be a part of a miracle where a child transitions from an orphan to daughter/sister/granddaughter/cousin/niece.  Today I found myself tearing up at random moments or feeling my stomach flutter with anticipation...we are SO close. 

2 comments:

  1. we are on the edge of our seats waiting on the day you have Joni in your arms...praying for all in the group...

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's giving you some of those supernatural last trimester hormones..hah.. I'll readily tear up with you!

    ReplyDelete