Tuesday, February 22, 2011

switching it up

I have to admit that this is not my thing.  Normally Lynne is in charge of the family posts.  Today (Tuesday) we had a free morning.  At 2:15 we met as a group and headed to the visa office at the American Consulate.  After our raised right hand oath taking we went as a group to the "new" center city of Guangzhou.  We saw the sight of the 2010 Asia games, as well as many more new buildings and scenic sights that were built just for these games.  We enjoyed it so much, we are thinking of checking out the area again tomorrow.  We have less than 48 hours left in Guangzhou, and another 18 or so in Hong Kong.  The end is in sight, and that is exciting.  It is hard to believe that almost 5 years of life has been focused on this two week process.  This is a time we have prayed about, cried about and fought about as a couple.  Now it is here, and it is almost done.  We are so blessed to have this new little one in our lives.  I love her so much, even though she doesn't really like me.  I know it will come in time.  We have seen her change so much in these last 10 days.  Her personality is starting to come out.  We have been sharing with Joni about all her family members and people who are in her life.  The introduction of Joni and her sister and brother excites me most.  I foresee Oakley taking care of her like a little doll and Colston tackling her. Maybe I shouldn't have bought him a sword?  It has been a lot of fun buying gifts for freinds and family.  We had so many dear people support us in this journey.  Trying to locate the proper small tokens of our appreciation for everyone, has been an adventure.  I keep weighing the suitcases to make sure we are under 50lbs.  I'd hate to have to pay extra after I spent so much time and energy haggling for the price I wanted. 

7 comments:

  1. A quote from a fellow China blogger, "But, we knew that the One who called us to this in the first place would not fail to equip us for the task. We prayed that He’d equip our daughter as well. So, we just pressed forward; anything less would have been disobedience to His calling."
    This was said when they were experiencing the slowness of the bonding especially for the dad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lynne and Scott, I am sooo emotional right now! What you guys are doing is amazing and I can see how happy Joni looks on the latest pics being held by Lynne, and Scott, deep voice and facial hair are a little 'intimidating' for some kids, but I'm sure Joni will overcome that with your love! God bless you all!!!!
    <3<3<3
    Livia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott - Thank you for posting. I found that endearing, entertaining, and enduring. Great job. I can't wait to meet Joni. I love her already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I foresee Oakley taking care of her like a little doll and Colston tackling her."

    What better way to introduce Joni to American football! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You done good Scott. It was so wonderful to hear a dad's perspective. Joni is so blessed to have you and Lynne as her parents and soon she will also be loved by her brother and sister. We can't wait till you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Guys! It has been a joy to read this blog and keep up with you guys! It almost always makes me cry. Especially yours Scott. Your attitude is so sweet and patient. This entire process has been amazing to watch and so exciting to see how God has it all planned out. I think we are the first to bring you dinner and I am so glad because we can't wait to meet her. See you soon! You are in our prayers. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne,
    I have so enjoyed your blog and looked forward to reading it each day. It truley has brought back sweet memories of when my husband and I went to adopt our own China sweetie, MaryCatherine,(also from QingYuan now almost 6 years old. We received her at 15 months. I adored the latest pictures of Joni smiling and laughing...a total transformation!! Thanks for sharing.
    Liz Neville

    ReplyDelete