Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tomorrow we leave...

Our trip officially begins tomorrow at 7am when our friend Amy drives us to Newark airport.  Our bags are packed, the fridge/freezer is stocked with food, the house is mostly clean, and a folder of caretaker information is complete.  Now all that is left to do is go bring our daughter home!  Oakley prayed the other night just like this..."thank you God for the earth, for the lakes and the rivers, and the people, and the China people, and thank you for giving us a Chinese baby."  I expressed how much her prayer blessed me and then she said she had more..."please Lord give all the Chinese babies parents and a big sister and little brother."  It was a very sweet moment.  In all my fears about my kids adjustment to a new adopted sibling God has been moving silently to prepare their hearts.  I know things could still be rough when we get home but the very fact that He is sowing the seed of compassion for orphans in my daughter's heart is very encouraging to me.  She never prays like this (usually it's me praying and her adding something about God healing a boo-boo of hers).  As much as I love my daughter, compassion has not really been her strong point.  She's well...a little self-centered.  I was worried she would never understand our decision to bring this stranger who gets a lot of attention into our home.  But I see now that this adoption process is already starting to produce good fruit in all of us.  I'm so grateful and my faith has been increased...and we haven't even left yet.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine the excitement and anticipation and busyness and wonder of it all. Praying for everything to go smoothly.

    Joyful Mama at WAGI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are in my prayers! Glad your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this blossoming in my own kids' hearts, too. It's a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete